header

Saturday, September 29, 2012

An award? For me!?



The very awesome Noralee nominated me for a Liebster Award! I've seen these around a few times and didn't really understand the point of them, and still don't - except for perhaps it's just a way to give bloggers with less than 200 followers some appreciation and recognition. If that's the case, I'm down with that. I get so excited when I gain readers and get comments on my posts, I also love learning about other bloggers and sharing the love with them. So, here we go and I hope I do this right.



So, the rules of the Liebster Award are:
1- Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2- Answer the 11 questions the tagger has sent for them.
3- They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers who they have tagged.
4- Choose 11 bloggers to tag with less than 200 followers.
5- These bloggers must be told.


My 11 things:

1. I have a Teddy Bear named Leon and he is the most adorable and comforting stuffed animal out of the many I have.
2. I rarely turn on the tv when I am home alone.
3. I have a bad habit of leaving dishes and bottles of water in my room.
4. I have terrible sinus trouble and am prone to vertigo.
5. I have a short temper when I am sewing and having trouble with something I am trying to make. I've stabbed my table with my scissors, it's something I'm trying to work on...
6. I have a bit of a clothing/shoe shopping addiction, it's a problem even though I strictly shop clearance racks and thrift stores.
7. I love new bedding.
8. I don't use a "flat sheet", I hate how it gets all tangled and twisted up.
9. I love the smell of pencil shavings.
10. I'm 5'3 and personally wouldn't mind if I were shorter...
11. I kind of wish I could be an Ornithologist.

My 11 questions from Noralee:
  1.  What are your must haves for the Fall? Besides my new obsession of the Salted Caramel Latte from Starbucks? A comfy pair of jeans, solid long sleeve tshrits., lightweight scarves
  2.  Your favorite beauty products? I still love my Tarte/True Blood collection EyeShadow, and lots and lots of nail polish.
  3. Your favorite perfume? Last year I would have said Coach Poppy, right now I am all about Armani Code for women
  4. What are your favorite TV shows? Breaking Bad, South Park, It's Always Sunny in Philly, Regular Show, 
  5. What's something you waste a lot of time doing? Browsing the internet
  6. How long have you been a blogger? I've had a blog before and didn't do much with it, I've been running this one for about 6 months.
  7. What are some of your obsessions lately? Clothes, shoes, thrifting, thinking of ways to layer clothing when we get some cooler weather
  8. Where do you spend the most money? Target and Thrift Stores
  9. What is your favorite animal? Domestic- Cats, Wild - Elephants, Sloths and monkeys, Also Ducks, birds, and seriously everything else, I love them all.
  10. What would you do if you won the lottery? Give a lot of it to my mom and family, get me and Cody a nice big apartment with a sewing/studio for me and a party/music room for him, buy him a black offset flying V guitar, probably buy a really nice sewing machine and camera and try to get my business going....
  11. How do you feel about your life right this very second? I'm scared and bummed out and disappointed in myself. I'm lacking the right motivation and I'm sick of tearing myself down. I'm getting deep and honest here people, I apologize but it's the truth and it must be said. I'm also very happy to have the friends and amazing family that I have, to have found my soul mate and I feel lucky that what I DO have planned for my life is a perfect picture of what's right for Cody and I. 
11 bloggers and my 11 questions for them:
(not less than 200 followers but still deserving)

Questions:
1. How is the Fall weather where you live?
2. Do you collect anything?
3. If so, what? If not, what would you like to collect?
4. What is a bad habit you would love to get rid of immediately?
5. Name something that makes you truly happy to be you.
6. Favorite scent for candles and/or hand soap?
7. A talent you wish you had?
8. A talent you do have?
9. What is your favorite Halloween Costume from your childhood?
10. What is the best movie you saw this year?
11. What are your main goals to keep you happy with your blog?


Thanks a ton and much love to you all.


xomando



6 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy thanks for the comments on my blog and of course this nomination! stay tuned for answers :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome and I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete
  2. awww Mandy, thanks so much :)) i loved reading your answers- *especially* the one about you stabbing your table with scissors haha. i don't have a sewing machine so when i have to alter my thrift finds, it's all by hand. there have been many a temper tantrums with skirt hems (i'm getting PTST just thinking about it.) And pencil shavings! They really do smell good- and they remind me of moments from third grade. This was super sweet :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Haha, I'm glad you got a kick out of that! Altering by hand?? Goodness, I know I'm capable but way too lazy for that. Thanks for being so great :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your award, you deserve it for having such a lovely blog!
    I enjoyed reading your answers, it was a fitting introduction. I'm also sorry to hear about how you're feeling at the moment. If it's any consolation (in my experience) when things are really tough something good is just around the corner

    le fresne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I believe that too and after making this post and thinking things over, I found some motivation and positivity that I am going to hang on to until the good stuff comes rolling in! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your thoughts. Feel free to email me any time :)
mandatorycreations@yahoo.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.